Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Breach of anonymity

I'm struggling right now for a solution on how to proceed with this blog...a place I love to come to write and share my deepest, sexiest thoughts with you.  It seems very likely that a few friends have found out about it.  The teasing and hints have been a little more than subtle.  I am not ashamed of anything I have written about Neo and I.   Even just three months ago I came to accept that if my friends found this blog I would be ok with it.  But, as some of you may have read in the past month Neo and I have had a few sexy encounters with other people....other people that even if I changed their names and left out and changed details, could potentially find this blog through mutual friends and feel as if their own privacy was violated.  So, I have chosen to take down those blog posts.

The question now is how do I continue from here?  I want to share and I want my anonymity back.  Do I start a new blog entirely?  For sure, I'd have to change my twitter as I believe this was how we were found...as well as we need to find a way to block or re-route our IP address.  
(If any of our friends are reading this, please know that I don't feel comfortable in the thought that you may be checking on sites I am visiting and feel it's a violation of my privacy.)

I could start a new blog and twitter easily, but I don't want to lose contact with the little blogging circle of friends I've come to know and love this past year.  

If any blogger out there has some advice for me I'd really appreciate it.  Please leave a comment or send me an email.  

4 comments:

  1. Create a new name, new blog and then go out and follow each of the old blogs you visited. Eventually, your readers will pick up that you are you with a new name and blog location.

    I totally get not wanting to share all your details with friends - especially if it may reveal others identities, but once they know about the blog, do they remain friends if you feel like you can't trust them? I mean, it's like revealing to your friend that you like a particular hobby (say NASCAR) that they don't necessarily care for. Nothing says they have to sit at your house and watch races on TV with you, but if they can't be cool with the fact that you like it and it becomes an issue, do you still want them as friends?

    Maybe not the best analogy, but the point is, choose friends wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As JF Break says, if you want to do a full reboot, you'll need to do it across the board: new email addresses, new Twitter accounts, new blog address, etc. Even so, the more details you include in your posts the easier it will be for people to discern your true identities. Mrs. AP remarks that I need to scale back on some of my details sometimes, because if people are clever enough they can track down our "real" identities through some bread crumbs spread out across all my posts. It's a risk we take being sex bloggers, even more so than in other categories or communities.

    Recently I got notice from my father that he found my blog. The claims he makes regarding "my writing" don't match what I've written, but the fact remains that with *just* the right tip, I could be recognized. I'm willing to take that risk for now, since my ultimate plan is to transition the blog into an income-generating site and live off that income, but for now it's a rather daunting idea.

    Whichever way you decide to go -- shrug off your friends caring or do a full reboot -- I'll help in any way I can. I may even be able to track down a decent IP masker or two. I'd have to check.

    Stay SINful
    Mr. AP

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever thought my anonymity was breached I would shut everything down and reboot, or just keep it down.

    I think if you are wanting to write about others, who have not given you permission to do so, you have no choice.

    But that's just my opinion.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the reboot idea. I write about most of our encounters and as such, I tell NO ONE about my blog (if you read enough of my blog, you know I am lying).

    TTFN
    mr. No Name

    ReplyDelete